What we do
Cheshire Racing Hub have recently successfully applied for funding from a grant scheme funded by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport and the British Horseracing Authority (BHA).
The grant will fund the second phase project called “Racing Through Education” its aim is to provide young people with practical and educational opportunities to explore the racing industry as a career option, encompassing direct and indirect equine industries within Cheshire and surrounding areas.
The funding to Cheshire Racing Hub has been awarded to deliver three key areas:
- A schools programme, to include taster sessions in five schools, plus yard/industry visits and one visit to Northern Racing College
- A colleges programme, to include two taster days, two placements and integration of racing/thoroughbred content into equine courses and careers guidance material
- Travel and expenses bursaries to five pre-clinical extra mural study (PCEMS) students at the University of Liverpool Veterinary School (Leahurst)
The project will also:
- Liaise and develop good working relationships with people involved in the racing industry across Cheshire and surrounding areas
- Liaise and work with the British Horseracing Authority and associated national racing organisations such as Careers in Racing, the Northern Racing College and Great British Racing.
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities to promote and develop the Cheshire Racing Hub brand in racing and education.